Happy Friday! hope your week has been good. Mine was ok other than a plantar fasciitis flare up but that’s better now so yay. I am sharing another Friday favourites today so let’s get started.
1. The Oh She Glows cookbook. I have decided to eat less meat. My reasons are environmental and if you’d like to know more let me know. Since I was so used to cooking meals with meat I had a hard time thinking of delicious meals to cook so I decided to invest in a plant based cookbook. I ordered Oh She Glows after doing research and am in LOVE with it. Next I’m going to order Deliciously Ella.
2. This quote. This is so very true. This year I’m trying to see every day as a new opportunity. This makes me wake up with intent of being productive every day.
3. Reading. I love to read that’s nothing new. Lately however I have really been into reading books by creatives to get inspired. I just finished reading Bloom by Estee Lalonde and if you’re in the creative field I would highly recommend it. I am now just getting into Capture Your Style by Aimee Song. These books are also both beautiful coffee table books.
4. New Clothes. I went shopping for some new clothes yesterday, something I have not done in a while. I just felt like a little closet refresh and I needed some new pants since I ripped my jeans last weekend haha. Having new pieces to style and express myself with just makes me so excited!
What are some of your favourite things this week?
It is no secret that I have incredibly dry skin. Other than my T-zone, the rest of my face generally is flaky and dry in the winter time. Sorry for the visual! I popped into Sephora a while ago just to have a look and see if I could find a solution.I asked for a moisturizing mask to use over night. One of the lovely girls that worked there suggested the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.
This mask has a gel like texture so it is very light. It soaks into the skin quickly and doesn’t feel sticky after, which is great. In the morning after I wash it off, my skin looks brighter and feels very soft. At $30 I think this is such a great product. It does what it says and my skin has been loving it so I would definitely repurchase!
I also want to try the Lancome Hydra Zen Anti-Stress Moisturizing Beauty Essence, which is appropriate for day time use.
Do you have any recommendations for treatments for dry skin?
On Saturday we decided to go for brunch and we chose to try out OK OK Diner. I love starting the weekend with a brunch just tucked in a little cozy place with coffee and food. Talking about everything and nothing. This diner was the perfect spot for this. It’s a tiny little place and we had to wait a bit to get a spot but they made up for it but putting a plate of warm pancakes on our table as soon as we sat down 😉 As I am trying to eat less meat and possibly follow a more pescatarian diet I decided to try the Eggs Brunhilde. This is similar to eggs Benedict but served on hash browns rather than on bread. It was delicious!
for this brunch which was going to be followed by a grocery run and general errands I wanted to wear a comfortable outfit. I was originally wearing my favourite comfy skinny jeans but when we sat it in the car I felt it was more cold than normal and realized that there was a nice big rip right on my booty…hahaha. So I had to go and change and discovered these jeans in my closet I hadn’t worn in a while. I also wore my new sunglasses that I absolutely ADORE! they are so cool and add a bit of glam to any outfit.
Coat: Made by my mom
Jeans: H&M Last Year| Similar Here
Sweater: Forever21 Last Seen Here| Similar Here
Boots: Aldo not available online| Similar Here
Bag: Local Italian market
Happy Monday! Let me know what you did this weekend 🙂
Today I’m back with another Friday Favourites. I am so excited because tonight we’re spending the night with family with lots of yummy food and good company. Then tomorrow we’re going away with some friends for a fun winter getaway. Let me know what you have planned for this weekend!
1. Once Upon a Time. If you watch my insta stories (insta is: @xnaghmehx) you would have seen that I have fallen in LOVE with this show. I’m so glad I can watch it on Netflix. I had heard so much about it but only got to watching it a few nights ago. Do you watch it? let me know what you think about it.
2. Lush Bath Bombs. I tried the mistletoe bath bomb the other day. Bath bombs are always so much fun to drop in the bath. Watch the colours come out and swirl and turn the water into a magical bath. This one smelled really good too if you like jasmine, then this one is for you. Which one should I try next?
3. Sweaty Betty. I can spend lots of time on this website, just looking at their gorgeous workout clothes. Right now I am loving these leggings, the are also reversible! That is getting two leggings in one.
4. Reading. Lately I’ve had more time to read. I used to read at least one book a week and then I slowed down. I missed reading so much. I love getting lost in the pages of a book with a cup of tea or coffee. I am currently reading One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, which I have been wanting to read for years. Will let you know what I think later. Let me know if you have read it and what you think of it.
I wish all of you healthy and happy holidays filled with love and good food 🙂